Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thanks to you...


Thanks to you,
There is a lot of music I can't
Listen to happily anymore.
Damn.


That was the way it was for quite some time after graduation. I couldn't listen to any of the music we sang and shared during those three years.
So, there was this whole folder worth of music from that period that I couldn't listen to without having to fight the urge to just run away.

Away as in anywhere.

I couldn't move on if I clung to memories.
And I couldn't listen to several of my favorites without getting all whimsical and moony.

So, now there is this new me who's been shaping up over the past year who is always experimenting with the new genres and styles.
And it has done me good. Real good!
I discovered
  • Death Cab For Cutie,
  • Carolina Liar,
  • Sondre Lerche,
  • Fray,
  • Emma Lee,
  • Iron& Wine,
  • Sara Bareilles,
  • Ryuichi Sakamoto,
  • M.I.A [yeah, I know she's been around like for ages, but I had never checked her out earlier. And man, what a costly mistake! She's awesome!]
  • Joss Stone [but I haven't gotten the hang of her yet. Any help?]
  • Katie Melua
  • And I'm very much and sincerely, in love with Malayalam folk songs. I guess the folk-crossover-rock band "Avial" did it for me.
  • Kings of Leon
  • Elisa
  • Azure Ray
  • Dixie Chicks had made a great impression on me when they'd come out yelling anti-war and anti-Bush and were boo-ed for that since everyone was pro Bush back then. They are not just any random bimbos. Na ha. And their music? I'd never really cared for country. Until I checked these ladies out. They are sooooooo good at this!

And a helluva lot much more. But the thing is, I'm showing a definite leaning towards mellower stuff. That's because I'm rooting for the Jazz and Indie camp, of course. But can anyone please yank me back to the Rock camp. I'm dying to return to the time when I was all about head bangin'. =)

*Thanks to my beautiful, out-of-this-world amazing 7 friends and all the other great friendships I've been carrying with me since my Brennen days. I love you all soooooo much that my heart breaks. In a good way. =)

12 comments:

December chills said...

I think you might have heard Paper rocket by M.I.A. She is good but i have only problem with that she is a supporter of LTTE.Dixie Chicks is one of my favorite country singers.Nice post......What about Owl city and Jack Johnson have listened them.

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

:) such a sweet post and after my exams i"ll listen to them :)

same pinch about feeling that dixie chicks aren't just chicks

Matangi Mawley said...

Good choices there! :D u know.. I like MIA coz she s gggrr88! but one other reason is that- we share the same name! :D Mathangi.. :)

劉claren0812ceb_brunette said...

Make yourself necessary to someone................................................................

The Wanderer said...

Try Monster from Hurricane bells and Muse's Super massive black hole..

Bluebutterfly said...

Wanting to sty away from the music because of memories... ah, a feeling known way to well...

I love deathcab for a cutie and kings of leon.
And Fray is just super !!!
Since I need to expand my playlist, I am going to pick a few from here.

懿綺 said...

Efforts to fight fuel!........................................................

et said...

You have an award here at my blog here

M12aeganT_Moe12 said...

85cc免費影城 21sex美女視訊交友 日本avdvd女優xxx383美女寫真 sex520-嘟嘟成人 後宮視訊 閃亮天使520視訊聊天室 a片線上試看85cc 小園春夢現代文學小說 辣妹視訊免費體驗 情人輔助品成人網站做愛自拍偷拍 免費線上觀賞卡通影片 69性殿 4u成人-sex s383視訊玩美女人 免費視訊聊天1768 0204 視訊交友 微風成人論壇 hi 5 tv 影音聊天室 ut視訊聊天室 蔡依林性感影片 38girl視訊交友 dudu sex免費 aa 片試看 tvnet0204 我愛你視訊美女拳 比基尼av辣妹影片 383movie成人影城 免費影音下載hibb 免費視訊辣妹av1688 網心之悸動聊天室 無碼女優,免費色情電影 av969 免費短片 視訊妹迷愛聊天 免費色咪咪視訊網pc交友 avshow成人情色網 一本道 a片 東京熱免費試看短片a aa片免費看 免費視訊聊天 辣妹性愛文學 日本視訊 免費視訊辣妹性愛巴士 南部聊天室情人視訊網 成人影片下載383movie影城 美眉1768 meet520 com 視訊聊天997 sex888movie影城免費a片 伊莉論壇 兼職援交米克綜合論壇 聊天室找一夜 情色性愛貼圖,人妻 視訊聊天室angeltong 百事台南視訊

文佩齊華 said...

不錯唷~我會常常來 >"<..................................................

S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bluebutterfly said...

where art thou ?
update !