Tuesday, March 13, 2012

All Tagged-y

The good thing about procrastinating when you ought to be doing that tag is that, someone else also tags you and so can just just do 2 tags in one. Haha! or maybe not.

Anyway, I got tagged by the friendly neighborhood bloggies Sujana and Rahul. Thank you for the tag! Mucho gracias really! Cos I sincerely believe that there's nothing like a classy tag to bring lazy bloggers like me back to back. Yo!

Laying out the rules for anyone who still hasn't come across them. Improbable as that sounds though..
Here!
The rules are-
Rule#1: Put the rules on your blog.

Rule#2: Every person tagged should tell 11 things about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the one that tagged you, tag 11 other people and ask them 11 different questions.

Rule#3: Let the people whom you tagged know you've done so.

Rule#4: Don't tag anyone who's been tagged before.

Rule#5: Really do tag 11 others, don't go all ''if you want to take this tag''

11 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME
Now this is a bit more tough than it seems cos of all the "tell me random things about you" tags I've done in the past. But I guess everyone else has been through that too?
  1. I worry that wearing sandals that are larger than my feet will cause em to grow enough to be fit for the sandals. I don't know where I got that idea from, but it sure stuck on. Funnier is that I wear my uncle's old hawaii slippers around my hostel though, which are reaaally too big for me. Why despite the fear of feet growing big? Laziness my love. Too lazy to go out and buy another pair.
  2. "Everyone's nice, until proven otherwise". Pretty much what I prefer to think of the rest of the world. That's a more comfortable way to live life cos it means, for me, there are only 2 people in my world that I actually can't stand. Everyone else is really nice, and I'm ok with letting them all have more than ten flaws to them. =)
    Might as well spread the motto to the rest of you all.Try living this way! =)
  3. I'm the ultimate book-crazy and book-snob and book-happy person out there, well, at least according to me! Working at a library means I get my hands on all sorts of amazing paperbacks, hardbacks, and all sorts of heavenliness that comes in the shape of books. I LUFF my job!
  4. My phone and I don't get along really well. I use it only when the need comes for music or communication. Hate having to hold a phone when I'd rather not. Which also means I've missed out hundreds of important calls and had One Angry Mom call up my colleagues or friends cos she couldn't get through to me, and yell that "just throw the phone away if you won't keep it around!!" In fact, most of my mom calls are fielded by my friends, come to think of it!
  5.   I hate having to attend weddings on principle. But recently, I've been to weddings that I really wanted to be at, and loved being there too. =) But still, I hate weddings. So much so that I wish I can just run away with the guy, his immediate family, my family and my friends and have a simple function. I'm the kind who thinks it's a waste of a whole lot of money which could otherwise be spent on getting me a Samsung Galaxy Tab. Just you wait till I actually get married!
  6. Might've mentioned this plenty times, but-i LOVE brothers. (Cos I don't have one? Ain't that obvious?)I'm a sucker for brothers. Which means if you came up to me and said "I'm your brother", I'd fall flat, splat and do anything for you even if you broke my heart thrice and some more. True story.
  7. And I love my sister to bits. She's my faux-kid to play around with, sneaky-partner-in-crime, best friend and so much more. Everyone says I ruined her for life by making her addicted to South Korean pop culture like me, but really, she fell for the deal all on her own. I swear!
  8. Everyone hereabout already know my love and madness and obsessive relationship with South Korean music, dramas, movies and pop culture. This mention was just for the new readers. =)  I can even speak and understand quite a lot of Hangul (Korean) these days. Sashiriya! (It's true!)
  9. It wasn't always like this, but nowadays I need to have the right mood to watch movies and eat chocolates. Not happy with this change. =(
  10. I'm inherently unceremonious about everything. Almost everything anyway. Must have something to do with my being a leftie.
  11. I love checking out couture. Especially Autumn/Winter and Spring/Summer collections. Though I avoid the strictly summer-only collections like the plague. Way too much of skin instead of pretty clothes always annoys me with its absurdity.
  12. AN EXTRA- I tend to malapropise and mix up words a lot. One of my friends tell me that she always has to guess out what I mean, cos what I speak usually sounds too post-modern and weird. Lol. But this is only in the case of my mother tongue. I'm smoother when I'm talking in English.
  13. And one more- I dress sloppy all the time to the point that mom wonders maybe God had planned me to be a boy but somehow things ended up with me being born a girl.

SUJANA'S 11 QUESTIONS:

1) What's your favorite place?
     Hmm, where I did my undergrad-Brennen college? Or that vacation retreat of my uncle's? oh well, both!

2) If you had to marry a celebrity, who would it be?
   Rahul Bose! or Arundhati Roy. And there's this really cool rocker-celeb Korean out there from

3) Do you want a twin?
   Nooo!!!!!!!! I'm fine by me. I did want one for sometime back when I was a kid though. But I guess i twin brother would have been cool. =)

4) How long is your oldest friendship?
   Since I was a wee-baby? I got all my long-lost neighborhood buddies back, thanks to Orkut and dearest Facebook. Thank ye, lords of Social Media!

5) What's your greatest achievement?
     If I can make a friend/person look up to me, If I can make just anyone happy- I'd take that to be a big achievement. =)

6) If you could only talk to one person for the rest of your life, who would it be?
  There's this whole herd of best friends I'd want to spend my life with. There's Dope, my Rock, Ms Sunshine, Sister, Twin (though we've been really uncommunicative nowadays), Khe, China, my own Sassy Girl, The Good Girl, the Rocker, the BrothersTwo, Peepi, MotorMouth, and a whole lot of others I can't find nicknames for for now. But right now? It's Dope Proper.

But if you asked me the song for life- i have just one answer-
Rest-Standing Egg.


7) Socks and sandals- yes or no?
    Never!

8) Choose your power: Mind reading or invisibility?
    Mind reading a hundred thousand times over!

9) What's your method of transportation?
    Pillion riding on bikes with girlfriends. =)

10) Favorite book?
     Why not just kill me?Say just one???

11) Facebook, twitter or neither? Why?
   
Where's the "both" option? But I treat my Fb like my Twitter anyway.


RAHUL'S 11 QUESTIONS:
  1. What are you passionate about?
    Words, music and good friends. And fun Korean dramas. =)
  2. Cinema and politics- what do they mean for you?
    Good cinema can go a long way in strengthening innate goodness in people and I love watching good movies; and politics? I want to find at least ONE politician who has actively worked for the mass before I die.
  3. One good thing you want to happen in India, for people – Long term?
    I want Indians to stop being hypocrites and do the good things you want to see in the world instead of just talking about change.
  4. One good thing you want to happen for yourself – Long term?
    I want to feel confident about myself. All the time. Period.
  5. One good thing you want to happen for yourself – Short term?
    Find a well-earning permanent job stat.
  6. A frank thing you want to say about one of the bloggers here?
    I want to see Mohua blogging again and my Pretty Wanderer to blog more =)
  7. Belief in God?
    Yup. Wholeheartedly believes in monotheism.
  8. One thing you would surely do to uplift this poor country?
    Not splurge on anything. When I hear so-and-so spend more than sane on such-and-such clothes, hair, wedding etc, I feel horrid thinking of the less privileged who could have gained something more important from all that money.
    Plus I had like to make charity every month once I have a job that pays well unlike this intern thing.
  9. One secret about you?
    Just one? =)
  10. Do you hold any regrets in your life?
    That I can't sue my bastard of an ex Dept Head . That I couldn't confess a whole lot of things to people that mattered and now it's too late.
  11.  Adventure if any in life…lets count
    Getting lost in the city all alone
    Girl trips. They always end up becoming adventures =D

    MY 11 taggedies (short for tagged buddies- much too corny, and I accept that accusation with bowed head)
  1. Blahbaholic!
  2. Choco
  3. Kajal
  4. Gayatri Rao
  5. Red Handed
  6. Serendipity
  7. Neha
  8. Diwita
  9. Nona
  10. Mr Jovita
  11. Madhusha

    These are some of the blogs I recently started reading and LOVING. And the questions? Here they come!
  1. That one song you want to force the whole world to listen if you could, cos you love it so!
  2. Are you happy the way you are?
  3. You have a whole lot of money and you can buy just one thing-what'd it be?
  4. How many of your blogger buddies have you met in real life?
  5. What's your idea of a perfect day?
  6. Books or their movie versions- which do you prefer?
  7. A quote you want to pass around
  8. Rock, jazz or pop?
  9. I'm a Potterhead, so here goes- Which House is Hogwarts would you want to be sorted to?
  10. What habit or deed of others annoys you the most?
  11. Make a question YOU want to answer!
*Extremely pleased with myself for having FINALLY done the tag. Yay!!
     
1

14 comments:

Nirati said...

Hey thanks for the tag! :D
1. I'd probably choose 'Safe and Sound' by Taylor Swift,which is my current favorite. I love the lyrics and thinking about what is described in the song gives me goosebumps!
2. Not entirely. I mean I *so* wish I was an inch or two taller, and maybe -20 kgs :p Other than my appearance, I'm pretty much cool with myself. :)
3. I'd buy a kitten :D Or sponsor some kid's education. I've always wanted to do that!
4. I *almost* met one! As of right now, the count is 0. *sad face*
5. I wake up to pleasant weather, cozy under the blanket, no college, breakfast, lunch and dinner is with the whole family eating together and probably ends with all of us watching some movie on TV :)
6. BOOKS! Anyday xD
7. "Good things fall apart so better things can fall into place" by Marilyn Monroe.
8. Rock, pop and metal!
9. GRYFFY #ftw
10. People who keep moving, my lil bro and many friends do that, their feet are tapping, or they keep fidgeting, it annoys me to no extent!
11. If you could, which fictional character from a book/movie/serial would you want to spend a day with?

Take care. :D
x

Revacious said...

whoa.. how does someone start louving south Korean stuff?? I mean, I would understand something from middle East (u being mallu & all :P) but Korea??

debajyoti said...

good to know those 11 random things about u :D

someone tagged me as well. may be i ll write a post on that. that way at least i ll have something to submit on indi :D

CookieCrumbsInc. said...

Ahahahaha about the sandals! :D Really? :P

And I like your questions, can I have the tag too?!

Azra Raphael said...

@Blahbaholic- you did the tag here itself? lol! and i liked it so much! and im gonna check that taylor swift song asap!

@revacious- lol, i have encountered that question so many times re! it's cos i had doordarshan dth back then, and the only interesting channel with awesome dramas was kbs world. i fell ryt away!

@deb- do it then!

@peevee- the tag's all yours. pls do it!

Nona said...

Thank you for tagging. As I mentioned in my blog, I am very very lazy to take it forward. But, I appreciate the gesture. Thank you

Aysh said...

This was fun to read! Great answers :)

Life Unordinary said...

I was going to ask about the music too! thanks for the tag, ill do it for sure.

Anonymous said...

It was really nice of you to share so much about your life, thanks to being tagged. Loved your views on consumption and social welfare. It is a tragedy that people spend so lavishly for weddings in a nation where 25% of children go hungry every day.

Ayushi said...

haha :D I shall do this tag as soon as possible Ashu :)

Anonymous said...

I love you! I had a smile on my face which progressed to a grin by the time I had almost finished reading this post. We have 'points 3, 4 and 5 from 11 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME' in common. :)

I am exxxtremely lazy (more than you) but. I will attempt at this tag. Some day. I will. It sure was nice to get to know this blogger buddy a wee bit more though! :)

Cheers.

Saru Singhal said...

I would second the answer to the third question. We should imbibe more moral values...Good to know about you. Do spill your secretS soon...;)

R. Ramesh said...

hey buddy...very interesting to know so much abt u..what i know abt u in my little interaction is that u r a wonderful person and am happy our paths crossed thou virtually..thanks for yr kind words...stay connnected...

Mr.Miglani said...

:)